January 25, 2010

An Additional Thought...(to be read after the previous blog)

I am reading a little C.S. Lewis right now, and he mentions the exact thing I blogged about earlier when I said that my hill of difficulty (and I think it is the same for probably many American Christians) is giving of my wealth sacrificially in obedience to Scripture. (I would also mention that I love how God repeatedly drives a point home from various sources so that we are sure not to miss it.)

C.S. Lewis writes:
"I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. I am afraid that the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare. In other words, if our expenditure on comforts, luxuries, amusements, etc., is up to the standard common among those with the same income as our own, we are probably giving away too little. If our charities do not at all pinch us or hamper us, I should say they are too small." - Mere Christianity, 86

No comments:

Post a Comment