December 11, 2009

Recovery

This week I have been averaging about 10 hours of sleep a night - and I've almost recovered from the semester. It's been a good week, here are some highlights:

Since Saturday we've (me and those who are doing the study with me) read Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers. I am still processing it - it's been fantastic to read it like a story.

I am also reading Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney. If you are looking for an excellent book to read over Christmas break, I highly recommend it.

Caleb and I bought the first season of Fringe on Monday and have been watching it lots. Good show.

We decorated our apartment for Christmas.

Caleb is teaching me how to play basketball. He has been trying teach me some fancy tricks, but I am just trying to get down switching hands when I dribble. :).

We went to a Christmas party last night at Caleb's boss's house. It was a lot of fun - and there was LOTS of good food.

Right now, I am listening to Bing Crosby and getting ready to bake some peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies. Yum. So far, this break is fantastic. I have a feeling it will only get better :).

1 comment: